So Tim Ferriss discusses eating the same few meals over and over and over again in his book “The 4 Hour Body.” But this can be a horrible, if not deal breaking, thing to do if the meals aren’t that good tasting. I’ve been eating this “slow-carb” type of stuff for a while so I’ve had some time to come up with some meals that I happen to like. This one is my favorite.
I call this delectable meal, Italian Pork Loin and Guacamole with Black Beans and Salad. Below is the recipe:
Italian Seasoned Pork Loin – I purchase this item pre-marinated in the meat section of my local HEB
Can of Black Beans – preferably organic and low sodium
Salsa – Again purchased pre-made in the HEB produce section
Guacamole – guess what, pre-made. I used Wholly Guacamole, 100 calorie packs
Salad – Organic Baby Spring Mix
Salad Dressing – Newman’s Own Lite Balsalmic Vinaigrette.
- I grilled my pork loin Medium Rare. To make it cook quicker cut it into 1/2 inch slices. It’s about a pound of meat so cook it all and save the rest for later.
- Warm the beans in a pot.
- Cut the pork loin into bite size pieces with a pair of scissors. This is a bodybuilding trick. It saves so much time to just quickly cut it all up before you eat.
- Squeeze half the package of Guacamole on top of the pork. This is for the 100 calorie packs. If you just cut a small hole in the corner, you’ll be able to squeeze out all the air and seal the package with a clip to keep your guac from oxidizing.
- Serve yourself some beans with a tablespoon of salsa on top
- Serve yourself some salad with 1 tablespoon of dressing.
- Total cook time was 20 minutes mostly because of the pork. But once you’ve got it cooked, just place the rest in some tupperware. If you’ve used your scissors and pre-cut the meat before saving it you can make this meal in less than 5 minutes using the microwave.